I'm a theatre teacher at a junior high and am just starting to dabble into the lighting world. I have a show next season that I know I'll want very specific lighting changes as audio plays. I've always heard QLab is great for this.
A few things:
1. I can't afford anything but the free version.
2. I have the etc eos nomad educational package. It is fully updated.
1. Is the free version enough for me? I definitely can't afford the a full version.
2. Is there another program that will play audio and light cues simultaneously?
3. How can I get Qlab to control my eos cues? I've read a lot of tutorials but they are very much over my head. Anyone that can dumb it down? I see a lot about OSC but get lost in the technicality of that very quickly.
Any tips, tricks, or advice anyone has to help me run eos nomad with a program that can play the songs for the musical would be amazing.
from what i can see on the QLab website OSC-ability is part of the free license. https://qlab.app/docs/v4/general/features/
in qlab you can add cues of different types. one of those is OSC. you can enter a text string there that will make Eos fire a cue as well. to do this you need a functioning network connection and some basic networking knowledge. you will find people here who can help you with that
In the free version of QLab it is possible to control the cues in QLab via OSC from EOS family.To control EOS via OSC from QLab you need a pro licence for Network Cues.https://qlab.app/docs/v4/general/features/
Johnny2886 said:1. Is the free version enough for me? I definitely can't afford the a full version.
Also be aware that you can rent a QLab license just for the period of your show. That may make it financially possible to use a Pro license which will allow Network Cues to control the Ion from QLab.