oscalculator setup: midi to osc 2020

Okay I trouble shot all day but I give up. I cant get Eos to take my OSC commands from oscalculator.

I carefully followed this link:

https://community.etcconnect.com/control_consoles/eos-family-consoles/f/eos-family-show-control-support-midi-smpte-osc-rtc-etc/18631/converting-midi-notes-to-osc

But its difficult because things don't look the same.

There no longer is "OSC RX Port Number". Now there is "OSC RX UDP Port" or "OSC TCP Server port"

Parents
  • i don't know the other program, but it looks like it's sending OSC through TCP and not through UDP. so you should remove 3032 from OSC UDP RX Port in Eos. the TCP port in eos is currently hard-coded as 3032, so you don't need to configure it on the Eos side.

in eos setup you can disable String Rx and String Tx, it has nothing to do with OSC.

you're trying to send from one application to the other, both runnnig on the same computer, right? in the OSC Routes try replacing osc.tcp://localhost:3032 by using your actual IP address instead of localhost, e.g. osc.tcp://192.168.1.11:3032.

• i don't know the other program, but it looks like it's sending OSC through TCP and not through UDP. so you should remove 3032 from OSC UDP RX Port in Eos. the TCP port in eos is currently hard-coded as 3032, so you don't need to configure it on the Eos side.

in eos setup you can disable String Rx and String Tx, it has nothing to do with OSC.

you're trying to send from one application to the other, both runnnig on the same computer, right? in the OSC Routes try replacing osc.tcp://localhost:3032 by using your actual IP address instead of localhost, e.g. osc.tcp://192.168.1.11:3032.

Children
Related