Using a Smart fade console as fader wing via MIDI with Nomad?

As the subject line says, I am currently using an APC MK II MIDI controller and have really enjoyed using it, but would also like to try and use a 24/96 Smart Fade as a fader wing.  I haven't had too many issues using the APC, but was unsure of how to use two devices for MIDI at the same time.  Is this possible?

Parents
  • Conor, I'm curious whether you got anywhere with this. We have a Smartfade 24/96 which I've taken off the control desk and substituted a miniMac running Eos software through the Nomad to our dimmers.  My students are not happy with the loss of the physical faders, having to change levels with keyboard or mouse clicks just isn't very sexy.  I'm wondering if anyone has gotten further with this than pointing out the midi section of the Smartfade manual.  

Answers to questions such as:

• connection of midi output of the 2496 to the computer running EOS software
    • how to instruct the EOS software to see the 2496 and map the sliders/buttons (would using the Luminosus software assist?)
  • Conor, I'm curious whether you got anywhere with this. We have a Smartfade 24/96 which I've taken off the control desk and substituted a miniMac running Eos software through the Nomad to our dimmers.  My students are not happy with the loss of the physical faders, having to change levels with keyboard or mouse clicks just isn't very sexy.  I'm wondering if anyone has gotten further with this than pointing out the midi section of the Smartfade manual.  

Answers to questions such as:

• connection of midi output of the 2496 to the computer running EOS software
    • how to instruct the EOS software to see the 2496 and map the sliders/buttons (would using the Luminosus software assist?)
Children
No Data
Related