Midi Gateway Timecode Out

The Setup Guide for the Response Midi Gateway says, it can Output Midi Timecode. How i can i use this feature?

Do i need a third Party Software to generate the Timecode, because EOS cannot generate it. And do i have to connect it per USB or Ethernet?

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hey there, bit of clarification. The Response MIDI Gateway does support Standard MIDI over USB device class. So if you have a third party software that uses is this standard communication it would connect to the gateway over USB and output correctly. However, is correct that no ETC product generates MIDI TC and we should update our documentation to be a bit clearer. Hope this helps

-Lowell

• Thanks for fast clarification. Helps a lot for thinking about future setup.

• Be aware that presently you can not output MIDI Timecode onto the network from USB.

For example, the following CAN'T be done:

Computer -> USB -> MIDI Response Gateway -> Network MIDI Timecode -> Eos Console

The following CAN be done:

Computer -> USB -> MIDI Response Gateway -> 5 PIN MIIDI DIN

or 

Computer -> Network MIDI Timecode -> MIDI Response Gateway -> 5 PIN MIIDI DIN

If you desire to use a MIDI response gateway to put timecode onto the lighting network by a 3rd party application and use it within your console you will require two MIDI Response Gateways set up as follows:

Computer -> USB -> MIDI Response Gateway -> 5 PIN MIIDI DIN -> MIDI Response Gateway -> Network MIDI Timecode -> Eos Console

The first MIDI Response Gateway could be substituted for any USB to MIDI adapter.

Related