QLab from EOS is skipping cues

Pretty much what the title says. I am working on an Ion, firing sound through QLab, linked over OSC. However, the lights are firing correctly every night but a random sound cue is getting skipped each night. All of the settings look correct to me, and I can't figure for the life of me why it's a different cue every night. My mate there had swapped out all the hardware incase it was a bad connection, but it's still misbehaving even with a new switch, cables, and control computer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Working on getting some information from my mate there. I'm going in later and will update. Sorry for the delay.

Parents
  • A few things to check/test.. (I am assuming that you are hitting GO on the Ion, with sound fired over the network)

- Is your TX address (in eos show control settings) set to the actual IP address of the mac, or a broadcast address (ending in .255), if the latter then change it to the actual IP address of the mac as the broadcast messages often don't get through

- Is your mac connected directly to your ion with a single cable? If so try adding a switch in between, some people have found this helps

- Some people have had success making things more solid by constantly pinging the ion from the qlab machine (open a terminal any type "ping " followed by the IP address of the ion. This shouldn't make a difference but theoretically may serve to keep the network port open and active.

Richard

• A few things to check/test.. (I am assuming that you are hitting GO on the Ion, with sound fired over the network)

- Is your TX address (in eos show control settings) set to the actual IP address of the mac, or a broadcast address (ending in .255), if the latter then change it to the actual IP address of the mac as the broadcast messages often don't get through

- Is your mac connected directly to your ion with a single cable? If so try adding a switch in between, some people have found this helps

- Some people have had success making things more solid by constantly pinging the ion from the qlab machine (open a terminal any type "ping " followed by the IP address of the ion. This shouldn't make a difference but theoretically may serve to keep the network port open and active.

Richard

Children
No Data
Related