Example for OSC get channel value please

Hi!

I'm trying to build something in TouchOSC to monitor the live-value of a specific channel.
So I want to see the actual intensity of channel 405. Maby later on also a form-parameter,
but in the first place only the intensity.

In another thread I read it is possible to get the live value of a channel, but I have no chance to get it work.

Does anyone has a working example?
Or do I have to use another app?

thanks for help!

• the OSC command /eos/chan=2 will select channel 2 and eos will answer with all parameters of this channel. /eos/out/active/wheel/1 should contain the answer.
    so in touchOSC you might need to objects. one button to send the command and another to show the answer.

/eos/chan=2 : the = is not part of the OSC string, i just use it to show that this is where the arguments start. in touchOSC i think there is a separate field to enter the value that should be sent.

/eos/out/active/wheel/1 will answer with a more than just the intensity as a number, but i don't think there's anything you can do about that with touchOSC, since you can't parse the answer. the answer will probably look like "Intens [50](s), 1(i), 50.000(f)". this is a channel at 50.

• Okay, sad to read this, but thanks for your advice!

liebe Grüße!

Related