RDM Device List Connection Issues

Hi

Trying to set up a functioning RDM set up in our space. One of the issues we’ve run into is that our device list isn’t functioning. Neither RDM nor the Dimmer. 
There are some other wacky things going on in the system but the problem I’m asking about today is this:

I’ve run a dmx line down to a set of 9 Colorsource Spot fixtures, directly from the Universe 4 port on the back on the ION Xe20 console. RDM is enabled in all the right places and this particular approach is to try and cut out the other issues we have currently (we have non RDM fixtures in line with RDM fixtures for example).

Software is on 3.0 and the board is brand new. 

The two things I’ve found so far are that the CS Fixtures are out of date, or that the IO is out of date on the board. I don’t have access to anything to find out the CS software currently, but I don’t believe they’ve been updated in nearly 2 years. The IO is at 1.2 on the board. 

I saw something saying that if it’s a “modern high speed” it only needs to be on 1.0 and doesn’t need to upgrade to 1.4? 

are there any other options that you folks can think of, do you think that either of these are the issue? 

Related