SMPTE on Ion via USB Device

Hello!

Is there a way to get SMPTE timecode over XLR or 1/4'' audio into my Ion?  I have a Motu micro express and i'm seeing timecode on that device, hooked up to my ion.  On the Show Control event I have th time code ID setup with the source matching my setting on the settings tab.  I have the right FPS and when i turn on external its not seeing timecode.

Any ideas?  I'm ultimately trying to trigger cues from Abelton sending timecode over a mac.  

Thanks!

Jeremy

Parents Reply
  • The marketing summary of the microexpress says it converts SMPTE-LTC into MIDI Timecode, but it wasn't clear to me where the timecode actually comes out.

Unfortunately it looks like the MOTU microexpress uses custom drivers, if that's actually the case then this device is not a supported MIDI device.
    The Win 7 consoles only support USB MIDI devices that use the standard Windows 7 MIDI drivers.

That said - if you have a Classic Ion you may be able to connect the MIDI Out of the MOTU into the MIDI In of the Ion, if you can configure the microexpress to route the timecode out of that port.

I'd suggest getting in touch with MOTU to find out whether it can use the standard Windows 7 USB MIDI drivers, and how to configure the timecode routing.

Children
No Data
Related