Ion not working with showbaby

Hey all, we are getting unnervingly close to hell week, and I can't get this to work.

We have a showbaby 6 system, and I hooked one on the stage up to 2 huriicane 1800 flexes. They are the crappy new ones, so it has only three pin dmx. "It's fine!", I thought, and I slapped some 3 to 5 pin converters on both. I daisy chained them, and tested them manually. Both were outputting fog manually. I made sure that they were correctly chained to the showbaby, and they were. They all have proper power. We use an ion, and the booth side setup has worked with eyeballs in the past. The booth showbaby connects directly to the ion out. I checked the showbabys, And they are on the same show id (magenta), They have a  clear line of sight, they are connecting perfectly (Transmitter has data, receiver is getting signal, and the indicators are on high, If I unplug the transceiver, the receiver stops receiving signal), and the dmx cables are connected to the correct ports (as well as them showing the correct id ( what I mean by that is that they are set correctly to transceiver and receiver)). I checked the patch, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Please Help! Today I have the stage from 3-6 to work on fog and specials, and I really need to get this done so I can start recording cues.

The stage side looks like: Showbaby dmx out, to 5 pin dmx cable, to 5 pin to 3 pin converter, to fogger 1, to 3 pin to 5 pin converter, to dmx 5 pin dmx cable, to 5 pin to 3 pin converter, to fogger 2

The booth side looks like: (just the showbaby setup) ion dmx out, to 5 pin dmx cable, to showbaby dmx in.

Thank You!!!

Parents
  • Hey all, we are getting unnervingly close to hell week, and I can't get this to work.

We have a showbaby 6 system, and I hooked one on the stage up to 2 huriicane 1800 flexes. They are the crappy new ones, so it has only three pin dmx. "It's fine!", I thought, and I slapped some 3 to 5 pin converters on both. I daisy chained them, and tested them manually. Both were outputting fog manually. I made sure that they were correctly chained to the showbaby, and they were. They all have proper power. We use an ion, and the booth side setup has worked with eyeballs in the past. The booth showbaby connects directly to the ion out. I checked the showbabys, And they are on the same show id (magenta), They have a  clear line of sight, they are connecting perfectly (Transmitter has data, receiver is getting signal, and the indicators are on high, If I unplug the transceiver, the receiver stops receiving signal), and the dmx cables are connected to the correct ports (as well as them showing the correct id ( what I mean by that is that they are set correctly to transceiver and receiver)). I checked the patch, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Please Help! Today I have the stage from 3-6 to work on fog and specials, and I really need to get this done so I can start recording cues.

The stage side looks like: Showbaby dmx out, to 5 pin dmx cable, to 5 pin to 3 pin converter, to fogger 1, to 3 pin to 5 pin converter, to dmx 5 pin dmx cable, to 5 pin to 3 pin converter, to fogger 2

The booth side looks like: (just the showbaby setup) ion dmx out, to 5 pin dmx cable, to showbaby dmx in.

Thank You!!!

[Moderator note: Joined with existing thread to prevent duplication]

• Hey all, we are getting unnervingly close to hell week, and I can't get this to work.

Thank You!!!

[Moderator note: Joined with existing thread to prevent duplication]

Children
No Data
Related