OSC sending string after clearing the settings

I'm running 3.1 on both Nomad and a Gio and I set OSC Cue Send String to "/go" for QLab, but then I cleaered it now it's empty, however it's still sending out /go whenever I GO. I could put something else in there and clear it out and /go still fires. I presume this is a bug, it's not show stopping since were only using OSC RX now on the LX side, but it was the biggest issue when we started using OSC.

Here's a link to the showfile

drive.google.com/.../view

• Hi,

In your showfile, you still have Cue List 1 Executing OSC TX: /go

You will need to re-build Cue List 1 Execute without that command to get rid of it.

• Thanks! I didn't realize that I had it just on the cue list. I'll add that to my troubelshooting steps next time. Thanks so much for pointing that out!

• I'm a little confused about these soft keys for Execute Ext Links (v3.1.1)

I didn't find anything about in the manual. Is this a doubling of the OSC show control settings?

• OSC Send will send osc to the TX IP address and port that you set in system settings. If you do Cue 1 execute OSC Cue Send String /go enter. that would send /go for just that cue to the TX IP address and port that you set. As for Cue recv string, ive never used that so im not sure

• If you do it with e.g. "OSC Cue Send String" softkey there is no indicator that it is per Cue,
    you can only see it globally in the cue list index. It seems this not per cue, for that purpose you need "String". It is very confusing to have a global function per softkey.

• Yea you're right. That is a bit confusing if you don't know, which it seems I didn't! I would think that when you type in Cue X, that you would just be editing that cues attribues, not a cue list's. Haha I learned more from this chat than my theare history class today!

• Yes, this feature was added in v2.9.1 where an individual cue list could have its own separate Cue Recv String and Cue Send String.

The information in the User Manual under Show Control applies here too:

OSC Cue Recv String

Allows the user to specify a different incoming OSC string format for integration with other applications. Use %1 in the string format as cue number and %2 as the cue list number.

OSC Cue Send String

Allows the user to specify a different outgoing OSC string format than the standard Eos implicit string for integration with other applications. The following options can be used:

• %1 - cue number

• %2 - cue list number

• %3 - cue whole number

• %4 - cue point number

• %5 - cue label

I will ask to duplicate that information in the External Links portion of the User Manual so it's easier to find in the future.

By the way, for Cue Recv String applied to a specific cue list, it's not necessary to specify the cue list number via %2, though it might help a particular workflow.  But if you imagine that Cue List 3 is the "Spots" list, some OSC device could just send "/spots/7" and if Cue List 3 is set for Cue Recv String: /spots/%1, then cue 7 will be played upon that command.

update If the global "Cue Recv String" is something like "/thingy/%1/%2", sending /thingy/7/3 would also fire Cue 7 of the Spots list 3.

For the Global Cue Recv String, if you do not specify %2 for Cue list, it's assumed to be Cue List 1 (even when there's no List 1 in your showfile).

Related