Setup network with TP-Link Wireless N Router

Apologies for the very basic question. I've never setup a network from scratch with an Ion board and I just need some specific guidance please. We have an Ion Xe board at my school. It is not currently networked and I just want to be able to use the aRFR Classic app with it. I have tried following the wireless setup guidance with no joy. I am attempting to use a TP-Link TL-WR940N Wireless N Router. As I say, no existing network infrastructure exists. I appreciate how basic this request is but any guidance would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

Parents
  • Hey Buncey,

we regularly use our Gio@5 consoles in a similar way. We just connect it to one of the ports in the back and place the router directly next to it.

Basically, you can setup your router to any old 192.168.xxx.xxx configuration as if it was your home wifi router. In the network setup of your console, make sure the checkbox for "obtain an IP automatically" is NOT checked, but instead give it an IP within your routers range, and write this IP down.

Within the software, make sure, all the checkboxes/"switches" for RFRs etc are "on" within the setup pages there.
    Then connect your phone or tablet that you run the RFR app on to the router like you would in any other wifi, but also give it a static IP. The reason for this is, that these would otherwise changed after the next bootup. When the IPs remain the same between bootups, you make sure that the device will be able to see each other, hence, exchange information between each other.

However, I can also recommend that you look into the "Touch OSC Mk1" or the current EOS RFR app, since these work a lot better IMHO, as in, give you more options to control your console just as if you were in front of it.

I hope this is also a "basic" guidline that helps you.

• Hey Buncey,

we regularly use our Gio@5 consoles in a similar way. We just connect it to one of the ports in the back and place the router directly next to it.

Basically, you can setup your router to any old 192.168.xxx.xxx configuration as if it was your home wifi router. In the network setup of your console, make sure the checkbox for "obtain an IP automatically" is NOT checked, but instead give it an IP within your routers range, and write this IP down.

Within the software, make sure, all the checkboxes/"switches" for RFRs etc are "on" within the setup pages there.
    Then connect your phone or tablet that you run the RFR app on to the router like you would in any other wifi, but also give it a static IP. The reason for this is, that these would otherwise changed after the next bootup. When the IPs remain the same between bootups, you make sure that the device will be able to see each other, hence, exchange information between each other.

However, I can also recommend that you look into the "Touch OSC Mk1" or the current EOS RFR app, since these work a lot better IMHO, as in, give you more options to control your console just as if you were in front of it.

I hope this is also a "basic" guidline that helps you.

Children
No Data
Related