Duplicate UIDs

Hi all,

By my reading of the Eos OSC API, UIDs are meant to be just that, unique. However I've found two groups sharing one UID while debugging some scripts I'm writing. I'm wondering if this is intended behavior and I've misunderstood something, or if I've discovered a bug? Image below:

Parents
  • More information upon further testing: I ran into a handful of instances of this, the groups were one of the weirder ones. As shown in the image, the second group is just completely blank. The other instances weren't like this though. There were two sets of dupe UID macros with identical labels but different contents. There were 32 duped (total 64) color palettes again with matching labels but different contents, although for those I recall we merged those in after making a catastrophic mistake around a year ago. And finally there were two duped effects, nearly identical labels aside from one being appended with "(new)". I can't replicate it using "copy to", so I'm guessing these must all be relics of merging? Our showfile is pretty "weathered" so to speak...

• I'm able to reproduce this using Merge in the latest software.  Which version(s) of Eos are you using?

It sounds like you've found instances of duplicate Groups, Macros, and Color Palettes.  Have you found other duplicate target types besides those?  (Since CP's do it, I would pretty much assume that other Palettes, and Presets, could do the same thing).

Reply Children
Related