Sending TCP OSC

I tried to send an OSC message over a TCP port. I use a command button in magic sheet, I tried things like tcp:3037:/opta/relay/1=1 for sending over TCP port 3037 but I have no luck.

Parents Reply
  • Ah, this is probably part of the same situation with Port 3037 then.
    When a user sends a String, it's sent as OSC if Eos detects it is using the OSC pattern like your "/opta/relay/1=1"

(Described in this 8-year-old forum post: sending Strings over Ethernet, Bug, Question - Eos Family Show Control Support (MIDI, SMPTE, OSC, RTC, etc) - Eos Family Consoles - ETC - Community)

It was working for me to use the Softkey of OSC Cue Send String instead

But that doesn't show up in the String list or the 

Thank you sktusing, I often confuse this List-level command with a cue-level execute.

Trying to summarize again,

1) There is not a way to have a cue or cue list to send an OSC string to a particular IP address / port.

2) A Magic Sheet Command object that sends OSC will not be sent over a Port 3037 Third Party OSC connection, but will work with any other connection made using TCP Server Ports in Setup

3) A Cue Execute String that looks like OSC should be sent via OSC, but doesn't work with Port 3037 Third Party OSC connection

4) The Cue List-level "OSC Cue Send String", which is sent every time a cue is played, does work with Port 3037
    - - - it can include wildcards like %5 so that the cue label is sent.

Sorry for the confusion I may have added.

Children
Related