How to connect QLab to MIDI on Element 2

I have an Element 2 and I am wanting to trigger QLab's GO button from cues on my console. The product page for Element 2 says that there is a MIDI port on the back but my console doesn't include this. Looking at the included picture on the product page, there are no MIDI input/outputs labeled.

Here is the picture I am looking at:

Parents
  • Are you referring to the last bullet point of the Hardware section? The important thing to note there is "through network interface or Response Gateway". All those show control trigger connections (i.e. the Midi input/output) can be added through a product family called Response Gateways.

Your options are:

• Buying or renting such a Response Gateway. The advantage is that this can be networked which helps in case of a tracking backup and if the distance between console and Qlab are to far for a Midi connection.
    • Instead of using Midi you can also connect to Qlab using the network protocol OSC.
    • You can buy an inexpensive 3rd party USB-Midi adapter and connect the USB side to your Element to add a Midi output. In this case make sure that the chosen product works without installing additional drivers on the console.
  • Are you referring to the last bullet point of the Hardware section? The important thing to note there is "through network interface or Response Gateway". All those show control trigger connections (i.e. the Midi input/output) can be added through a product family called Response Gateways.

Your options are:

• Buying or renting such a Response Gateway. The advantage is that this can be networked which helps in case of a tracking backup and if the distance between console and Qlab are to far for a Midi connection.
    • Instead of using Midi you can also connect to Qlab using the network protocol OSC.
    • You can buy an inexpensive 3rd party USB-Midi adapter and connect the USB side to your Element to add a Midi output. In this case make sure that the chosen product works without installing additional drivers on the console.
Children
No Data
Related