OSC to control HSV?

Hi!

Complete absolute newb to all things lighting - I'm helping develop a little video game tournament with live music at our university, and am working some lighting into the mix (using TidalCycles and ChucK, just cause I like to hurt my head ... naw, actually, it's really fun!) I have everything flying out from Tidal to EOS via OSC and almost have everything I need for this project... but I have two quick questions (that I've had a hard time finding online... probably too impatient!)

- Does ramping down the brightness of an HS value to 0 have any real-life difference to just ramping down intensity/level?

- I can set the color of channels and groups via RGB and HS, but I can't figure out how to include the brightness/value in HS changes. I can't find an OSC param for that in the manual. If it's taken care of by just changing the level/intensity, then that's what I'll do -- but I'm not sure that's right.

I'm just a musician trying to make some cool lights happen on the stage, so please forgive my imposter syndrome ;)

Related