Adding universes to Ion 1024

Hello Everyone,

I have been tasked to demonstrate the entire cost of retrofitting an Auditorium from just conventionals to LED.  While a complete overhaul may not be the best option, I am just demonstrating the cost difference really and the Return on Investment.

My Math says that I would need 138 instruments (32 Source 4 LED Lustr+, 60 D60 Vivids, 32 D60 Lustr+ and unless ETC has an LED cyc unit  14 Selecon PLCyc), which would force me to stack up the DMX one after another with little wiggle room.  Because of this, I want to add at least 1 more universe or even 2 in the event they want to expand at a later date it will reduce the needed cost later.  I know there is a way, I just don't remember how

Thanks in advance for your help

[edited by: jmstahl at 1:35 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Apr 21 2013]
Parents
  • You are talking over $300,000 for fixtures as well as infrastructure improvements to get that gear functional (power, control, etc...).

If it were me, I'd get an Eos Ti or at least a Gio, that will be better able to handle the extra universes, provide some future wiggle room, have the built in touch screens as well as add'l monitors and whose improved functionality over an Ion for all that gear, will prove useful.  Maybe upgrade the Ion anyway and use it as a deck focus unit as well as backup.  

SB

• You are talking over $300,000 for fixtures as well as infrastructure improvements to get that gear functional (power, control, etc...).

If it were me, I'd get an Eos Ti or at least a Gio, that will be better able to handle the extra universes, provide some future wiggle room, have the built in touch screens as well as add'l monitors and whose improved functionality over an Ion for all that gear, will prove useful.  Maybe upgrade the Ion anyway and use it as a deck focus unit as well as backup.  

SB

Children
No Data
Related