Adding universes to Ion 1024

Hello Everyone,

I have been tasked to demonstrate the entire cost of retrofitting an Auditorium from just conventionals to LED.  While a complete overhaul may not be the best option, I am just demonstrating the cost difference really and the Return on Investment.

My Math says that I would need 138 instruments (32 Source 4 LED Lustr+, 60 D60 Vivids, 32 D60 Lustr+ and unless ETC has an LED cyc unit  14 Selecon PLCyc), which would force me to stack up the DMX one after another with little wiggle room.  Because of this, I want to add at least 1 more universe or even 2 in the event they want to expand at a later date it will reduce the needed cost later.  I know there is a way, I just don't remember how

Thanks in advance for your help

[edited by: jmstahl at 1:35 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Apr 21 2013]
Parents
  • You wouldn't actually have to stack up the addresses... a two-universe Ion can patch 1024 addresses to channels, but those addresses can be spread across as many universes (within reason) as you need.  You don't get penalized for unused addresses.

That said, you wouldn't have much room for future expansion.

An Ion is certainly up to the task of controlling the gear you're talking about.  I regularly light shows with well over 100 color scrollers on an Ion.

• You wouldn't actually have to stack up the addresses... a two-universe Ion can patch 1024 addresses to channels, but those addresses can be spread across as many universes (within reason) as you need.  You don't get penalized for unused addresses.

That said, you wouldn't have much room for future expansion.

An Ion is certainly up to the task of controlling the gear you're talking about.  I regularly light shows with well over 100 color scrollers on an Ion.

Children
No Data
Related