Mirror Moving Lights

Is there a way to Mirror ML fixtures with EOS?   If I have a light setup SL with shutters and want another light to mirror for SR. How does one go about doing that?  I asked another venue who has the same system and they could not figure it out either.  I don't think it is the Fan feature, as I need to mirror the fixture once it has been fully setup.

[edited by: bkeith2 at 10:58 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Oct 10 2013]
Parents Reply Children
  • setting them to different addresses and inverting would solve a part of the challenge but introduce new ones as for one of the two fixtures, panning wouldn't behave in the same direction as the encoder anymore.

i guess brendan is looking for something like Chan 1 Pan copyTo Chan 2 {Mirror} Enter (which doesn't exist afaik). but the real challenge starts when you also want to do that do the framing as the console would need to know which frames are opposite each other and which of the four are the lateral ones (as you only want to mirror these but not the top and bottom one).

so: i don't have a solution for this either but would love one...

• Yes I really need a feature like this.  I do not always need to mirror, so changing how the mover works is not want I need.   The issues comes about when you have a set;  The LD will shutter to a wall/prosc Stage Left and then ask for another fixture to mirror the wall/prosc on stage right.  There should be a button just to allow you to mirror the attributes when you recall from another fixture.

• It is possible to do something like this:

x {Focus} [Recall from] y [Enter]

x {Pan} @ / -100 [Enter]

I am not sure how to go about implementing mirroring about some arbitrary axis in 3 dimensional space for some arbitrary number of instruments with random orientations and mixed patching, but building up a set of macros to invert Pan and Tilt values would be fairly easy.

• Karl, thank you so much! @/-100 is exactly what I was looking for? My problem is solved, the macro has been written.

Related