Update NIP's to track and intensisty Cue only

Is there a simple way to track Nip's and cue only intensity?

Right now i hit all NP's and update track, then update cue only. 

If this is the only way to handle an update i suggest some sort of syntax to simplify the process.

Parents
  • See if this one goes out.....

Is there a simple way to track Nip's and cue only intensity?

Right now i hit all NP's and update track, then update cue only.

If this is the only way to handle an update i suggest some sort of syntax to simplify the process.

• Ed,

I write a macro ({Intensity}[Update][CueOnly][Enter] [Update][Enter]) for this, but you're absolutely right, it would be much better if there was a native way to accomplish it.  I think that's been asked for elsewhere... but in case it hasn't, add my vote.

~P

• Yep, we can add that as a modifier.  I assume it is sufficient to make the tile "Intensity Cue Only" - and then the behavior of NPs driven by the track/cue only setting or command line override?

:-)

a

• that would be brillant.

two thoughts though:
    -can i assume, that in Setup > Desk > Record Defaults (right column) the new modifier would get its own box for an Update default setting?
    -when you add a modifier Intensity Cue Only, then this is something that has an effect in Tracking Mode only, because in Cue Only mode, Intensity is already Cue Only. so if for Delete/Copy/Move/Record-reasons (basically everything but Update) i want to stay in Cue Only mode, then this new modifier has no effect. so i'm not sure, if for this new thing to help a lot of people, it should either be an additional third mode (tracking, cueonly, ICONIT(int cue only nonInt tracking) ), or there should be two new modifier tiles: "ICO" and "NIT". i guess the latter would be easier to implement and still help people working in tracking as well as in cueOnly mode...

greetings from the CueOnly-Continent ;)
    ueli

• that would be brillant.

two thoughts though:
    -can i assume, that in Setup > Desk > Record Defaults (right column) the new modifier would get its own box for an Update default setting?
    -when you add a modifier Intensity Cue Only, then this is something that has an effect in Tracking Mode only, because in Cue Only mode, Intensity is already Cue Only. so if for Delete/Copy/Move/Record-reasons (basically everything but Update) i want to stay in Cue Only mode, then this new modifier has no effect. so i'm not sure, if for this new thing to help a lot of people, it should either be an additional third mode (tracking, cueonly, ICONIT(int cue only nonInt tracking) ), or there should be two new modifier tiles: "ICO" and "NIT". i guess the latter would be easier to implement and still help people working in tracking as well as in cueOnly mode...

greetings from the CueOnly-Continent ;)
    ueli

Children
Related