Highlight/ lowlight

Hello all, 

I am trying to setup highlight and it is not behaving the way I expected. I would like to be able to take the conventionals out, turn all active movers to a congo blue, and be able to 'highlight' one with no color and intensity at full. It's something visiting designers have talked about but aren't sure how to do themselves. 

So far I've set it up in two parts- 

A macro 'Turn Highlight On' that take my conventional inhibitor to zero, and a congo sub that has congo color palette for each mover to full. This part work great- all conventionals go out and all movers go congo. 

Then I have a highlight and lowlight preset assigned in the desk settings. Highlight is the movers at full and the color open. Lowlight is the movers at 50% and in their congo color palette. Both presets have no other parameters specified. 

So my next step is [Ch #] [Highlight] [Enter]. This makes all active movers open white and full intensity. What I would like is for my selected channel to 'highlight'; open color and at full while the others stay in congo. 

I feel like something may be wrong with how my highlight and lowlight presets are written. Or maybe I can change how highlight behaves? Does any one else use something similar to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• You don't need to move the inhibit down, highlight mode moves intensities down to the value specified in Setup > Desk > Manual control > highlight rem dim (this can also be a Preset). You will have to start highlight mode with [highlight][rem dim][enter].

For the rest of you task: I don't think it's quite possible. Lowlight Preset is for fixtures that have been in a selection but using next/last is not the controlled device right now.

So: you can make your movers go down to 50 but not to blue unless you use Chan 1 thru 10 highlight rem dim enter next. This means your conventionals are out, 2 thru 10 are at lowlight and 1 at highlight.

Does this explain what you're seeing?

Related