How do I reset object numbering in magic sheets?

I'm making a magic sheet with arrays of lights. I delete some, I want it to reset the numbering from the point where I deleted.For example, I want to make an array of 6 par cans and number them channel 1-6. Then I copy them and paste and it automatically makes the next 6 7-12. Good. Then if I delete those six, the next number starts at 13. I want it to start at 7 because that is the first unused number.

• In the Magic Sheet editor window, the top left icon is an arrow. Click on that. You can define your "target" which in your example would be channel and then set "start" to 1 (or 7 post delete). Any new objects added to the magic sheet will use this number as their starting point. I find the icon with the hand and the piece of paper with a "1" on it to be a very useful tool. Its called "quick number". You can lay out your array of par cans, set your "start" and your "increment". Click "ok". Then click on the units in the magic sheet area (in the order you want them to be channeled) to assign them new channel numbers. Hit "done" when you're, um, well, done. Hope that helps.
Related