Ion Repair fail - no cue memory.

Hi, My ion will not retain recorded cues. I write a cue, save it, and then every cue becomes the same as that one. (tracking is off) I go to the next cue, write a cue and then save it, again it saves universally. Every cue becomes the same as that cue. Here's the kicker. I sent the board to etc repairs and they said it worked fine and sent it back. of course i paid for all the shipping. luckily they sent a loaner board and I still have that. NTL, the guys in Middleton WI did not, or maybe can not, fix this issue. They did re-burn in the hard drive. I posted a youtube of the issue. Can anyone help me? I truly hope this is a local problem that I can fix. I would very much like to learn that I am making some mistake.  video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOpHJYWC9OE&feature=youtu.be

Parents
  • Hi, new info. I have calmed down a bit and removed the fader wing. The Ion started to work correctly. So it looks like my issue may be with recognition of the panel. 2x20 connected to the main console. I reconnected the panel and can not program the wing panel. I suspect my console is not seeing it. It just has the start images on the little screens. I will investigate further tomorrow. Again, is this sounding familiar to anyone?
  • John,

It looks like the faders above the go button (the master fader pair) are down. Can you confirm that these are pushed all the way up?

What's happening is you're taking your cues, but the time is set to manual - the cues will GO, but they won't run until you've run them manually with the fader pair.  This is seen in your playback status display where the duration of the current cue is seen as manual.

Hope this helps!

Scott

• John,

It looks like the faders above the go button (the master fader pair) are down. Can you confirm that these are pushed all the way up?

What's happening is you're taking your cues, but the time is set to manual - the cues will GO, but they won't run until you've run them manually with the fader pair.  This is seen in your playback status display where the duration of the current cue is seen as manual.

Hope this helps!

Scott

Children
  • Yes, thanks. I did get this ion to act right. I believe that I tried to mess with it in all positions. as did others. Unfortunately this is sort of a collective situation. will be able to be the person who can focus on this alone and 100% this afternoon. I will also try that fader wing on the other ion i have here. I put it back on the console in question and it would not initialize. So I am starting to suspect other issues.
Related