Problem with Subs (How do I get my House Lights to stay on)

So before you read on, just know that I've talked with Anne and I don't think there is an answer, but I know people come up with crazy / creative ideas that sometimes work.

My problem is that I can't get my house lights (ch 300) to do what I want when on subs.

So to start, I have my house lights programmed into cues (cue list 1 in the default state) However, during Tech, Pre-Show Check, Post-Show Shut-down I want my House Lights to remain on. (Sometimes students and volunteers who have never used the ION are running shows, so while Parking and Macros are options, they are not as simple as throwing a sub up) So if I put Ch. 300 (House Lights) on a Sub at FULL, here's the list of what I want/don't-want the sub to do and the problem with each.

1) When sub is up, not be recorded into cues. [Solution: make sub exclusive | no issue ]

2) When sub is up, House Lights to stay on when I'm playing back a "normal" cue [Solution: Make sub HTP | no issue until we get back here again ]

3) When sub is up, House Lights to stay on when I'm playing back an asserted cue [Solution: Make sub Independent | however, this breaks expected HTP/LTP behavior. Because the Sub is in independent, it has control even ch 300 is at full in the cue. So taking the sub up to 1% cause the house lights to drop to 1% even though they are at 100% in the Cue. Anne explained this is because all subs/cues in Independent Priority only look at other Independent things for HTP/LTP. So once that sub rises above 0%, it takes control immediately dropping House Lights]

4) When Ch. 300 is at full in the cue, for the sub to not to take control (basically act like HTP) [Solution: make the Independent Sub, LTP... which I can't explain why this works, but it basically now acts like HTP, when I take the sub down it immediately return controls to the cue which has a higher intensity | Problem is, now the sub is LTP, so running a cue normal or asserted, ch. 300 goes to cue control while I'm running through cues during pre-show check, which usually takes House Lights out. so now I return to #2 above ]

Here are some other ideas, and why they won't work.

- Make sub shielded - Problem: Won't be able to have House Lights in Cues at all

- Make Main Cue List and Sub Independent - Problem: Assert Cues will still take control. Plus I have other cue lists that I need to take control of channels in the Main Cue List.

At this point I'm out of ideas. I just want my house lights to stay on when the sub is up, in all conditions but also be controlled by cues. Is this really that foreign?

Side Note: I've rarely run into this problem before because I haven't needed to use Multiple Cue List and asserted cues frequently, but now that I'm using Midi more frequently and with upcoming OSC, I like to check those connections by firing cues.... but I don't want to plunge Ushers and others into darkness.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related