OSX Client with 2 NIC's

HI all,

We have a Mac Mini with 2 NIC's. One on the normal IT Network and the second to connect to the console for OSC. Whilst this is working I can't change the IP address  EOS Nomad wants to connect to to the second IP address. It is locked to the first IP. And no I can't change the order of my network interfaces, because of the changes in the routing.

Is there a way to change the IP in the shell?

Regards

Parents Reply
  • HI Matt,

Sorry to spoil the party, but that will not work in cases where your computer is connected to a corporate network as well. Let me explain our setup first.

• Wifi is disabled on our mac mini
    • First Nic ( build in) is used to connect to corporate network to gain access to the Domian, fileserver, sharepoint, sharefile and exchange.
    • Second NIC (Thunderbolt Adapter) is connected to the dedicated Lighting Network.

I cannot change the order of my NIC's, because I don't want all that extra traffic on my LX network, when all my services running on my mac probing on my first NIC. And yes I could block most of the extra traffic at our managed Cisco routers, but that seems to me slightly backwards, or as we would say in German " mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schiessen."

Regards

Children
Related