CITP Implementation

Hey :)

Is there any chance that the CITP protocol will be implemented into the eos family software?

One really importand point for me is the possibility to get thumbnails from my media server! (Unfortunately my workaround needs time wich i usually do not have) Furthermore would it make my life much easier if it would be possible to exchange the patch between software and console and to use the "autofocus" function.

As i remember there are any problems with some patents in the USA? Is this still the reason for not supporting and why is it possible for all the other manufacturers?

cheers 

Julian 

Parents Reply Children
  • CITP is a big collection of different things. Most people (from my experience) refer to CITP when they want the thumbnail exchange between a lighting console and a video server. Which is think is not the aspect you're referring to?

I think the communication between Capture and Eos you're referring to could be done with Capture's OSC link to Eos?

• All of it could be done via OSC from the Capture side or via CITP from EOS side. If you want patch information that auto-updates or positional information (to align the X, Y, Z and rotation values) then it could be useful to implement a dynamic standard with two-way communication. Maybe CITP is not the best way, but it would be great to have a connection between augment3d and the visualiser/light plot. 

If you have your light plot in Capture, connect it to EOS, send over the patch, calibrate the rig with Augmen3d and the iRFR app, send the info back to update the plot, etc., etc. that would make me very happy as a workflow...

Related