New Ion SW 2.4 Level wheel issue

I'm running a newer ion console and have noticed that when rolling the level wheel slowly the value will often go one point in the opposite direction repeatedly.  This makes a slow roll from 80 to 85% a painful experience than.

It seems like it is reading the value input backwards sometimes.  

Parents
  • I'll check this out, but my instinct is that it's related to the level wheel being a stepper motor. At slower speeds, the motor can report an incorrect direction when it starts moving.
  • Is there any further insight on this? I have 2 Element consoles that have been doing the same thing. At first, it seemed like it was related to speed (only happened when moving very slowly) but last night during my show, it happened when trying to move a channel at a moderate speed from zero. It faded successfully up until about 20%, then jumped randomly back and forth between 20 and 23% then jumped to 60!. When I quickly reversed direction, it continued to go UP so I ended up using sneak.
  • The wheel on our Element displays some of this behaviour on occasion too, but never a jump form 20% to 60%.

Ours fits the initial description fairly well, "when rolling the level wheel slowly the value will often go one point in the opposite direction repeatedly. This makes a slow roll from 80 to 85% a painful experience"

I use sneak a lot as a result...
  • The wheel on our Element displays some of this behaviour on occasion too, but never a jump form 20% to 60%.

Ours fits the initial description fairly well, "when rolling the level wheel slowly the value will often go one point in the opposite direction repeatedly. This makes a slow roll from 80 to 85% a painful experience"

I use sneak a lot as a result...
Children
No Data
Related