I have windows 10 and it won't correctly recognize my gadget II. It keeps showing up as a disk drive, not an I/O device

When I plug in my gadget II windows 10 sees it as a disk drive . I've installed the drivers and can't get it to be recognized correctly.

Parents Reply
  • I've used Hans' method to resolve the same issue while updating firmware from Windows 10 on at least two Gadget II devices; it worked for me.

Also, worth mentioning that the same "Stuck in Bootloader" problem can occur when updating the firmware on an Eos Programming Wing, and the same general solution worked for me in resolving it.  However, the Wing requires a different .S19 file from Nodesbin, in my case 14d5.0115_IO_Kinetis_4port_v1.2.0.9.0.7.S19.  This may be worthy of note because unlike the Gadget, it isn't clear from looking at the list of file titles in Nodesbin which is the correct one for this device.

Can't confirm whether all hardware versions of the Wing require the same Kinetis 4 port S19 file, so contact ETC Tech Service if you're unsure.  The module once updated shows up again in Shell > Maintenance > Firmware Updates as "Four Port I/O Board H/S".

Hope that helps.

Ric

Children
No Data
Related