Wireless connection from laptop to ION

I have been successfully running the ION Client on my Windows XP laptop connected via an Ethernet cable, both directly attached with a crossover cable and via a Ethernet switch.  This weekend I tried to connect using wireless (I have a wireless router set up as a switch and a Wireless access point.  Other access works fine using the wireless connection.  The switch is connected to our internal network).  I can connect successfully and operate from the laptop, however I frequently lose connection to the console.  The reconnect function always resynchronizes the client and the console but the connection fails again after a brief time.

Do you have some tips that would help me make a reliable connection via wireless? 

Parents
  • I would be forever indebted if somebody could figure this out AND post complete / detailed instructions.  The ability to move around the theater with my laptop and still have the board "with" me would be awesome! 

I am thinking it is not possible at this time.  I'd be interested in hearing *why* its not possible though...Heres to keeping our fingers x'd though!

• I have no familiarity with the way ETC has implemented their protocol so take this opinion for what it is worth. My speculation for the fault has something to do with the half-duplex properties of wireless networks and a timeout that occurs when one peer is waiting for a heartbeat or keepalive that is blocked by a transmission going in the other direction.
  • I have no familiarity with the way ETC has implemented their protocol so take this opinion for what it is worth. My speculation for the fault has something to do with the half-duplex properties of wireless networks and a timeout that occurs when one peer is waiting for a heartbeat or keepalive that is blocked by a transmission going in the other direction.
Children
No Data
Related