2.5.2 Nomad on Windows XP computer - Shell button labels gone

We have a couple of PC's with windows XP that we use  - one is a laptop that we use for a designer's remote and the other is a rackmount computer that we use for occasional configuration changes.

On both computers, after updating the Nomad software to 2.5.2, the shell windows have no labels. Only dashes where the button labels would be. (see attached picture)

I tried removing the Nomad program, rebooting and a clean reinstall from USB drive. The labels are still missing.

I know XP is a dead OS and there's probably a resource file missing somewhere, but is there a way to get the labels back?

Thanks,

Todd

Parents
  • Hi Todd,

That is quite curious. I'm not sure what's going wrong there -- if you launch as client, do you see other labels missing? Is there other text missing under Settings?

As you mention, Windows XP is quite an old OS. A few years back, we also deprecated support for it as a platform in ETCnomad. (Some of our consoles still run XP Embedded, but this is a slightly different scenario and OS). We'd really recommend moving to a Win7 PC or higher, as issues like this are more prone to pop up as we aren't testing the ETCnomad software on the Windows XP Professional/Home Edition platform anymore.
  • Hans,

Sorry, it's taken me this long to reply. Yes, labels are also missing in Settings.

I'm not too upset about it, just another reason to upgrade our computers. As I said, these computers are not critical, so we'll muddle along until we can upgrade.

-Todd
Reply Children
Related