Ion is in the process of exiting cleanly. What would you like to do

Greetings,

I just updated our ETC ION to 2.5.2, and now upon shutting down I get this pop up saying...

Ion is in the Process of exiting cleanly.  What would you like to do?

Shutdown After a Clean Exit

Shutdown Anyway

Cancel

The Ion then hangs on this screen for a few minutes, then does shut down. 

Is this something new? 

Parents
  • I updated my Ion also to that new version, and it now comes up with those shut down options also. I just select "Shutdown after a clean exit" so once it is done processing its exit mode, it shuts down.
  • I've been chatting with support for about 4 days about this. To them it's "not normal". I have sent logs in and I've been told it's"hanging up on communication with the fader wings". I've been following troubleshooting steps, including disconnecting the fader wings, adjusting configuration.. The pop up still comes up. And I'm told it's not normal.

I will say, the first dozen times I attempted shut down, the "shutdown after clean exit" wouldn't function and the Ion took literally about 5 minutes to shut down. Yesterday, it did manage to shutdown reasonably quickly after clicking the Clean Exit (which did seem to work).

That's the update I have so far.
    I haven't found any functions not working, just the added unknown warning and shut down.
  • wow you have gone through alot of stuff. I just noticed it wasn't on the previous version and just showed up on 2.5.2. Knock on wood, so far clicking on "shut down after a clean exit" only takes my Ion about 15-20 seconds and shuts down. I haven't tried the other options yet. Something sure does seem odd though, that it took 5 minutes when you tried it. Hopefully they get it figured out for you.
  • wow you have gone through alot of stuff. I just noticed it wasn't on the previous version and just showed up on 2.5.2. Knock on wood, so far clicking on "shut down after a clean exit" only takes my Ion about 15-20 seconds and shuts down. I haven't tried the other options yet. Something sure does seem odd though, that it took 5 minutes when you tried it. Hopefully they get it figured out for you.
Children
No Data
Related