Macros

What is a macro and how could I use it during a live show and a pre-recorded cue show for a drama club (as an example )

Parents
  • A Macro is just a recorded set of commands. They're mainly used to save time when plotting a show as you can put commonly used syntaxes together.

If for example a Lighting Designer always liked cues to have a time of 2, 5 or 10 seconds, I could record 3 macros which Say [Cue] [Time] X [Enter], then I can just hit those to set the cue timing.

You can also attached macros to cues, so for instance you could enable receiving Midi Show Control, just before you are triggered by Sound.

Hope that's a help.

Dan

• A Macro is just a recorded set of commands. They're mainly used to save time when plotting a show as you can put commonly used syntaxes together.

If for example a Lighting Designer always liked cues to have a time of 2, 5 or 10 seconds, I could record 3 macros which Say [Cue] [Time] X [Enter], then I can just hit those to set the cue timing.

You can also attached macros to cues, so for instance you could enable receiving Midi Show Control, just before you are triggered by Sound.

Hope that's a help.

Dan

Children
Related