Budget friendly way to control dimmable house lights

I am currently compiling together a lighting system for my church and was wondering what the best, budget friendly options are available to control house lights from the lighting control desk.

Here are some guidelines that need to be addressed:
1. Must have architectural wall panel control (for custodians, etc who need to get in to the place when a console operator is not there)

2. Must be able to control the lights from the lighting control desk.

3. Must be budget conscious and effective. 

Our lighting control desk is a Element 40 250 Channel.

I'm not sure about these ideas but here is what i'm thinking;

Getting a DMXKing eDMX4 Pro to combine the console and archetectual wall panel together. (link is here:https://dmxking.com/artnetsacn/edmx4-pro) I would be open to a ETC equivalent of the product. This would be a HTP (Highest takes precedence) setup??

Looking forward to responses. 

Parents
  • This is what we use. We have a separate house light dimmer pack (6 X 2400) The remote panel is wired inline with the DMX wire from the Ion console to the DMX splitter, and is mounted on the wall near the curtain control. You simply create a look on the main lighting console and press button 1-10 to save each look to a preset. When the Ion console is shut down, light control is automatically transferred to the 10 button remote. A non-tech person can press button 1-10 to choose from work lights, house lights, various stage looks- All without accessing the main console- so it can even be used as a backup control in case the main console dies. Perfect also for a situation where someone just needs general lighting for a meeting, etc.

www.fullcompass.com/.../140950-Doug-Fleenor-Designs-PRE10-A-POPO
  • This is what we use. We have a separate house light dimmer pack (6 X 2400) The remote panel is wired inline with the DMX wire from the Ion console to the DMX splitter, and is mounted on the wall near the curtain control. You simply create a look on the main lighting console and press button 1-10 to save each look to a preset. When the Ion console is shut down, light control is automatically transferred to the 10 button remote. A non-tech person can press button 1-10 to choose from work lights, house lights, various stage looks- All without accessing the main console- so it can even be used as a backup control in case the main console dies. Perfect also for a situation where someone just needs general lighting for a meeting, etc.

www.fullcompass.com/.../140950-Doug-Fleenor-Designs-PRE10-A-POPO
Children
No Data
Related