User Defined Default Cue Times

Hello,

Firstly just wanted to introduce myself here. Ive been a Programmer for long time but never posted anything before. Unlike most others here, i assume, i am solely a video programmer. Because of this I might approach things in a slightly different way and I am sure there are things I can do that I am not aware of or already implemented in a different way.

Now into the meat of it:

As a video programmer in the theatre world we always live in Multi-User world with both lighting and video sharing an EOS system. This system works great but a constant annoyance is that you an only specify Show wide default cue times. I understand why lighting defaults to a 5.1s etc but when programming video more often than not you want 0s for Focus, Beam or Colour.

My default record macro for cues already does this for me but it would be great to be able to ditch that and use the actual record key!

TL:DR - It would be great to have User Defined Default Cue times and not a System wide value.

I have few other requests that would help out when programming video on EOS. Although it seams as time goes by (i started on v1.6) its getting better and better. (Being able to record presets by type for eg was a god send)

Cheers,

Salvador

Parents
  • Hey Salvador,
    Good to see you here.
    I agree. Would be a great idea if this's was possible. Thinking of ghost, I can pretty much understand......

Im not a software expert, but I'm quite sure the ETC people will have a look at that...

Best and hopefully see u soon somewhere,
    JP
  • ++1 this should possible on a multi user system, hmmm but there is no real multi user system on Eos.
  • this is of course dependent on what you think multiuser should mean. if you mean fancy names for different people then no, eos doesn't have that. if it means multiple users working simultaneously then of course eos can do that and if it means different people can have different settings then of course yes this is also possible. it might not be obvious at first glance but of course every user can have different settings of tracking, of update settings, of sneak/back/goToCue times, of highlight settings, of +% behaviour, of at-level level, of manual times for all categories, of remdim level,...

but yes, there are some settings that are global in a showfile. and the cue times happen to currently be global.
  • this is of course dependent on what you think multiuser should mean. if you mean fancy names for different people then no, eos doesn't have that. if it means multiple users working simultaneously then of course eos can do that and if it means different people can have different settings then of course yes this is also possible. it might not be obvious at first glance but of course every user can have different settings of tracking, of update settings, of sneak/back/goToCue times, of highlight settings, of +% behaviour, of at-level level, of manual times for all categories, of remdim level,...

but yes, there are some settings that are global in a showfile. and the cue times happen to currently be global.
Children
Related