Consoles, networking

Consoles in an ion primary/ Ti backup networking, got new gigabit switches, when the consoles go to sleep it causes problems. Can I make the desks never go to sleep?

Parents Reply Children
  • No, they are not managed switches, which I acknowledge could be the problem and back to Frys I go.
    Ion primary to switch one (new). Switch one to switch two (new), as well as 9 other locations not involving the consoles. Switch two to Eos Ti backup, as well as switch 3(old). Switch 3 to gateway feeding dimmers and unison.
    First symptom was the backup saying on the screen that it had lost its master, then the backup would not respond to any keystrokes, then all the lights went out. The lights all went out because the racks were seeing zero levels out of the unison processors, which was the only data they had left to read. I know it has something to do with the new switches, but want to know more about why. Why did the switch sense it as inactivity?
    I reinstalled the old, dumb, non green tech switches and everything is fine, so I know it was them, but why?
  • hmmmm "green"..... that may be the issue... I suggest giving ETC tech support a call and discuss it with them. They are super knowledgeable. They also will have some suggestions on which switches will work properly.
Related