Is there a document listing all the targets/lists (and other types) that are exported in the CSV export file?

It would be easier than discovering them all by inspection if there was. Basically, what all the possible field values are.

Parents
  • When you go to do the export it shows you the things you can include/exclude.

If thats not the question you are asking, then the columns in the export are as follows

LEVELS:
    TARGET_TYPE TARGET_TYPE_AS_TEXT TARGET_LIST_NUMBER TARGET_ID TARGET_PART_NUMBER CHANNEL PARAMETER_TYPE PARAMETER_TYPE_AS_TEXT LEVEL LEVEL_REFERENCE_TYPE LEVEL_REFERENCE_TYPE_AS_TEXT LEVEL_REFERENCE_LIST_NUMBER LEVEL_REFERENCE_ID FADE_TIME DELAY_TIME MARK_CUE

TARGETS:
    TARGET_TYPE TARGET_TYPE_AS_TEXT TARGET_LIST_NUMBER TARGET_ID PART_NUMBER LABEL TIME_DATA UP_DELAY DOWN_TIME DOWN_DELAY FOCUS_TIME FOCUS_DELAY COLOR_TIME COLOR_DELAY BEAM_TIME BEAM_DELAY DURATION MARK BLOCK ASSERT ALL_FADE PREHEAT FOLLOW LINK LOOP CURVE RATE EXTERNAL_LINKS EFFECTS

CHANNELS:
    CHANNEL FIXTURE_TYPE ADDRESS LABEL PROPORTION CURVE

FIXTURES:
    FIXTURE_TYPE_NAME FIXTURE_TYPE_MANUFACTURER PARAMETER_TYPE PARAMETER_TYPE_TEXT_SHORT PARAMETER_TYPE_TEXT_LONG PARAMETER_ADDRESS_OFFSET PARAMETER_CATEGORY PARAMETER_CATEGORY_AS_TEXT

SHOWCONTROL:
    TARGET_TYPE TARGET_TYPE_AS_TEXT TARGET_LIST_NUMBER TARGET_ID PART_NUMBER LABEL TIME_ADDRESS DATE TRIGGER ACTION

If you give us a clue as to what you are trying to achieve we may be able to be more specific.
  • Thanks - I'd got that far. It's not the column headers I'm trying to match up, it's the mapping between, for example, 1=Cue, 2=Sub in the target_type column, or the numerical equivalents of things like Gobo_Wheel, Red, Green and so on in the paramter_type column. I've got a lot of the values already by manually inspecting the CSV file but I have gaps because I haven't built a show which exports every possible value (yet).

I'm writing some code to parse and analyse the CSV file, and I'd prefer to know in advance what values allowable in each column are, and it's usually preferable (faster) to parse on numerical values rather than text strings.

Thanks for replying.
  • Ok understand what you are trying to do.

You may be a bit stuck if you want to just use the numeric value of the type as 3 is Pallet and is all 4 pallets, with the text column saying which one (column 3 does seem to have a numeric for the target list number so you might be able to use that).

Probably your best bet is to do what you are doing and just manually inspect the file, which is reasonably easy in excel if you add a filter.

I'm not sure I would worry about the overhead of doing a string compare than a convert to number from the number text and then a numeric compare. Your code will be easier to change in a years time if it just has the obvious strings in it as well :)
  • As I have it from my analysis of my export file, I may as well post it here in case its useful

TARGET_TYPE TARGET_TYPE_AS_TEXT
    1 Cue
    3 Intensity_Palette (and other palettes)
    2 Sub
    4 Preset
    5 Group
    10 Effect
    13 Macro
    34 Snapshot
    36 Curve
    40 Partition
    41 Magic_Sheet
    54 Color_Path
  • Years of using databases where you store indexes rather than replicating strings everywhere :-)

I'm using enumerations, at least they are readable.
Reply Children
No Data
Related