Macro syntax help

Sometimes it's the simple stuff that catches us out....

I was trying to build a Macro that selects every patched channel. but I can't figure out a way to just select just the Patched channels.

I can select the Unpatched channels. The inverse of that will select all channels. (Query is_in Unpatched / Query isn't in Unpatched)

I can do a [1 Through 5,000], but depending upon flexi states, that would literally grab 1 through 5,000.

(I can't command a specific Flexi state from the macro, can I?)

I can easily do this in person, but building a Macro has really caught me out.

In case it helps, I was going to build a few macros to auto-build some I-Palettes & C-Palettes on patched channels.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Let me go one step farther....
    Is there a guide to building Macros?
    Given that the commands that you would use in real time don't work in Macro form, I'm finding my current task impossible.
    Right now, I just spent 45 minutes figuring out how to switch to the IP tab....
    ... I still haven't figured it out. but I'm giving up.
  • Regarding switching the tabs from macros,  you don't really have to think about that,  just record the macro and it will include what is needed.

I recorded this macro and when you run it, it lets you enter an Intensity Palette number and then continues, selects all patched channels and stops for you to enter an intensity value and then converts it to a by type pallet.

I just let it record it and then edited where I had typed in the actual palette number and intensity and replaced that with a wait for enter.  (I should really have edited it bit more and removed the duplicated first line thats not needed, but it just recorded what I actually did)

• Hi,

not the most elegant solution, but you could do it like shown in the attachment.

( I usually have a "dump" group 9999 to temporarily put stuff in... )

Cheers,

Matthias

Reply Children
No Data
Related