Gio @5 is missing my keystrokes

Hi,

At first I thought it was me, but it's happening way too much where the @5 misses my keystrokes. 

For example: An LD asks me to kill channels 201 thru 203.  I type it in and the whole set goes dark.  I look at my command line and it says 20 thru 203 Out.  Undo.. I type it again.

And it's not my hands, fat fingers or potato chip crumbs stuck in the keys.

I reached out to other @5 owners and I'm not the only one this is happening too.  I'm bringing it up here because it's making it very difficult to trust the commands I'm typing in.  Having used an Ion and Gio over the past decade I've never had a problem with keystrokes.  Well not since ETC changed the original keycaps from flat to curved.

If there's a way to investigate this I'm up for suggestions.  I can email my showfile or logs if that would help.

Thanks,
Jason

Parents
  • I agree with Jason's description of the @5 missing keystrokes. I mostly notice it with a simple [Enter] but also on double-tap keys like [Address]. I have tinkered with the timings settings to no avail. I too have had great experiences with Legacy Ions and Gios. I am also prepared to send Logs. Would the current 2.7 "live" logs be sufficient or do we need the Exit to Shell logs? (Exiting to the Shell would be tough for me to justify mid show.) Lastly, this behavior has been consistent throughout the various softwares since the @5's release.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    @5
  • I agree with Jason's description of the @5 missing keystrokes. I mostly notice it with a simple [Enter] but also on double-tap keys like [Address]. I have tinkered with the timings settings to no avail. I too have had great experiences with Legacy Ions and Gios. I am also prepared to send Logs. Would the current 2.7 "live" logs be sufficient or do we need the Exit to Shell logs? (Exiting to the Shell would be tough for me to justify mid show.) Lastly, this behavior has been consistent throughout the various softwares since the @5's release.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    @5
Children
No Data
Related