Gio @5 is missing my keystrokes

Hi,

At first I thought it was me, but it's happening way too much where the @5 misses my keystrokes. 

For example: An LD asks me to kill channels 201 thru 203.  I type it in and the whole set goes dark.  I look at my command line and it says 20 thru 203 Out.  Undo.. I type it again.

And it's not my hands, fat fingers or potato chip crumbs stuck in the keys.

I reached out to other @5 owners and I'm not the only one this is happening too.  I'm bringing it up here because it's making it very difficult to trust the commands I'm typing in.  Having used an Ion and Gio over the past decade I've never had a problem with keystrokes.  Well not since ETC changed the original keycaps from flat to curved.

If there's a way to investigate this I'm up for suggestions.  I can email my showfile or logs if that would help.

Thanks,
Jason

Parents
  • Hi All,

As Harrison mentions, the feel and actuation of the Cherry keys are very different from the custom "membrane" backlit keys that released originally with Ti and Gio. The point of actuation, force required and reset of the switch are drastically different. Particularly on double presses this is most evident on the distance the Cherry keys must be released vs the previous design.

If you think you have experienced any missed key behavior please forward your logs and estimated time the issue occurred to our technical services department so we can investigate, logs generated from within the Eos app are fine.

Thanks,

Matt

• Matt see image from diagonals tab, something in the sneaking of a channel is stopping the next selection.

I don't mind pulling logs but feel this something test should be looking at.

Select a channel with a scroller, move the scroller 10 frames or so sneak (maybe with default 5 sec) quickly select another 3 digit channel and look at Tab 99.

Having the same problem on ion XE and new Gio.

• Hey Nick,

We are actively looking at that, the details you provided are very helpful.

Matt

Reply Children
No Data
Related