Nomad DMX converters

I have a Dmxking usb pro 2 that was bought because it works with Qlab but I am having trouble with the Nomad. Does anyone know if it is compatible or should I just get the Gadget 2?

Parents
  • OK... once again a newbie question.  I've hunted through here and in the support area.  I've just purchased the ultraDMX2 PRO interface.  For now it's going to be connected via Ethernet to my MacBook Pro, but eventually I'll be getting another for my Ion console.  Please.... where do I go to tell Nomad and/or the console about an external Ethernet interface?

Regards,
    jack

• Jack,

The console doesn't care what brand of receiving device you have on the other end of the network. You just need to tell the console to send sACN or ARTNet in the Shell>Settings>Network>Output protocols.

You will need to configure the ultra DMXPro (using the DMXKing software) to have a compatible IP address, network settings and output protocol as the ION. You will also need to configure the DMXPro as to which universe is assigned to which port..

Once you patch a fixture into a universe that the DMXPro is outputting, you should get DMX out of the DMXPro.

-Todd

• Jack,

The console doesn't care what brand of receiving device you have on the other end of the network. You just need to tell the console to send sACN or ARTNet in the Shell>Settings>Network>Output protocols.

You will need to configure the ultra DMXPro (using the DMXKing software) to have a compatible IP address, network settings and output protocol as the ION. You will also need to configure the DMXPro as to which universe is assigned to which port..

Once you patch a fixture into a universe that the DMXPro is outputting, you should get DMX out of the DMXPro.

-Todd

Children
Related