Wishlist: Delete channels from an entire cuelist from the command line

Would be nice if I could remove a range of channels from an entire cuelist by typing:

"Chan X Thru Y Delete Cue A/ Enter"

Current function asks you to confirm, then it doesn't do anything.

Ethan

Eos Ti v2.7.3

Parents
  • Unbelievable, that explains the odd behaviour i saw yesterday. I has to delete a channel from a whole cue list and entered a code like the above. I didnt check if it really happend because without an error-message I was sure it did happen. Who is programming this way?? Usually you do it like that:

• parse the command
    • set some return status variable to 'unhandled'
    • let the command be handled by appropriate function
    • every subroutine involved retuns its status to the caller
    • ​at the end you check the returned status, if it is 'error' oder still 'unhandled' you post an error to the user.

This is coding 101…

• Unbelievable, that explains the odd behaviour i saw yesterday

Its a bug, that happens in software, the command parser correctly parsed it and so didn't throw an error, but the downstream code processing the parse tree didn't do anything useful with it. 

(As a side point, with modern programming languages you wouldn't actually code return statuses as that is way too easy to mess up, you just throw an exception and that ripples up the stack until something explicitly catches the exception.)

• Unbelievable, that explains the odd behaviour i saw yesterday

Its a bug, that happens in software, the command parser correctly parsed it and so didn't throw an error, but the downstream code processing the parse tree didn't do anything useful with it. 

(As a side point, with modern programming languages you wouldn't actually code return statuses as that is way too easy to mess up, you just throw an exception and that ripples up the stack until something explicitly catches the exception.)

Children
No Data
Related