all saved files gone + lights come on when powering up the Element

Element 2.7.3. I save a lotttttttt to the console and a flash drive.

Not sure if the forum discussions can help out but this one really caught me off guard:

Church: Monday I updated the console to 273 then we spent many hours re-doing our cue lists for our different services. As stated already; I save a lotttttt to two locations and every time check it says Successful in green. We went through the cues a lot and each time we found an error I fixed it and saved the show file again to both locations. I also showed the church staff the * and explained what that meant and how it goes away when the show is saved. I was the only operator other than one person who I showed how to save and he did that a few times in the beginning but I did all the last saves myself.

When we finished te console was shut down and everyone went home.

Yesterday I was told that every time they turn on the console a bank of lekos comes on. Those Lekoss are recorded as one of the submasters. I was told that they have to bring up the fader to full then back down to shut those lights off then it's business as usual. I was also told the cues worked perfectly at least for the Wednesday night service and they were very happy with them. A part of the changes we made were adding house lights to each cue and their intensities. They originally controlled them separately each time.

I powered up the console and no Lekios came on. I raised and lowered that submaster and the lights worked as expected. I shut the console down and back on again and still nothing but the sub did still work. I did that several times and was never able to duplicate the issue. I was then told that it actually only happened one time but to each of three different people.

So I scratched my head, did a deep clear just for whatever and rebooted. At that time I noticed the cue list for the services was exactly the same as it was before we did all the work on Monday.

Note: not that it matters but each service is represented in tens, so Sunday morning is the 10.--- Sunday night the 20.--- Wednesday night NON communion the 30.--- etc. Before we made all the changes sunday morning and night stayed the same but we added a lot of 30.--- cues and a few 40.--- cues. This time the console showed the 10's and 20's but only 30.1 (what it was before the changes) and all of original the 40.--- cues, not the changes.

I then checked the saved show files and that last one was around 3pm. I don't know how late we worked but I believe it was around that time.

I then opened up about 6 of the show files on both the HD and the flash back up and none had the new cue lists. They are all gone.

Sooooooo????????

Parents
  • As I said I can't rule anything out, just question it. So I have learned something that I never knew; when the console is shut down not everything stays on. I have had a few instances where I forgot to completely clear the console before shutting it down and lights are left on, so I had to reboot, clear then reshut down. This affected my thoughts on the current situation until I physically shut down the Element leaving the one sub up and the lights on the sub did shut off.

Soooo investigating further we discovered many times in the week the school uses the console; particularly that sub and when they shut the console down they leave it up, but bring it down after shut down.

The second thing I learned is the console does remember the last used state and so even thought all faders are down when it is booted up the same thing comes on that was on in the last shut down.

Thank you sk8_dad!!!

So those users have been shown the proper way to shut down and we hope that situation does not happen again.

Still have not figured out why 2 bump led's were flashing on one boot up. They are both conventionals; front fill and stage L. We have never had Stage L come on during boot up. I would definitely be surprised anyone knows how to enter sub # full so unclear on what you mean sk8_dad.

Also not sure why the cues did not appear when opening the saved show files from the day created several times. For some reason they just did not populate until a few days later when I tried the last saved file from that day again and pop, there they were. Might always be a mystery.

• As I said I can't rule anything out, just question it. So I have learned something that I never knew; when the console is shut down not everything stays on. I have had a few instances where I forgot to completely clear the console before shutting it down and lights are left on, so I had to reboot, clear then reshut down. This affected my thoughts on the current situation until I physically shut down the Element leaving the one sub up and the lights on the sub did shut off.

Soooo investigating further we discovered many times in the week the school uses the console; particularly that sub and when they shut the console down they leave it up, but bring it down after shut down.

The second thing I learned is the console does remember the last used state and so even thought all faders are down when it is booted up the same thing comes on that was on in the last shut down.

Thank you sk8_dad!!!

So those users have been shown the proper way to shut down and we hope that situation does not happen again.

Still have not figured out why 2 bump led's were flashing on one boot up. They are both conventionals; front fill and stage L. We have never had Stage L come on during boot up. I would definitely be surprised anyone knows how to enter sub # full so unclear on what you mean sk8_dad.

Also not sure why the cues did not appear when opening the saved show files from the day created several times. For some reason they just did not populate until a few days later when I tried the last saved file from that day again and pop, there they were. Might always be a mystery.

Children
No Data
Related