Colour Palette Macro

Hi, 

I seem to be running into some trouble. I have been trying to write a macro that will take colour information from a single fixture and apply it to all fixtures that have colour variables then, record a colour palette into the next available slot and wait for my input to write the label. 

Every time I have tried this macro it fails. Any idea's for a work around? 

I have put all my fixture with colour variables into group 20. 

Macro Syntax as follows:  [Group] [20] [Color] [Recall_From] [Select Manual] [Chan] [Enter]

[Record] [Color Palette] [Next] [Label] [Wait_for_Input] 

Thanks! 

Parents
  • Couple of things, as you've not actually said in what way it fails

1. Label doesn't behave itself in macros very well

2. Probably this is not the issue your are reporting but watch out for it. If your original fixture you are copying from is set to a colour pallet then the colour pallete number is copied not the content of the colour pallete unless you do a make absolute,  and that can end up confusing.

• Couple of things, as you've not actually said in what way it fails

1. Label doesn't behave itself in macros very well

2. Probably this is not the issue your are reporting but watch out for it. If your original fixture you are copying from is set to a colour pallet then the colour pallete number is copied not the content of the colour pallete unless you do a make absolute,  and that can end up confusing.

Children
Related