Virtual Intensity control of Hybrid LED tape

I’ve been looking to control LED Hybrid tape via color temp for awhile now and I’m stuck. What I have is Tungsten/ Daylight LED tape (or litemat fixture) running off of a plain old LED dimmer that doesn’t have a hybrid mode. I’ve gone through about every iteration of making a custom profile I can think of and keep come up with out intensity control. Are there “rules” to how virtual parameters work?

The closest to a functioning profile I’ve gotten is in the fixture editor take the same color parameter and assign it to both the first and second parameter slots, address 1 & 2 respectively. I then invert the DMX Min and Max on the first parameter to start at 255 and end at 0. This gives me great dialable colortemp control but no ability to dim the unit. I’ve tried this with lots of different color parameters (colortemp, WarmWhite, Blue) and get the same results each time. Is there a way to get this light to work like a simple hybrid fixture?  Or can I put in a request that this be added to an upcoming version?

Currently running 2.7.4

FYI I tried making this unit in 2.8 beta as a multi cell fixture with one cell hybrid cell only.  No luck there also. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related