XE with old 2X20 wing converted to new

I am banging my head against the console trying to figure out how to fix this:

Every time I drop subs onto a fader on my 2x20 wing it also populates the XE fader(s). Example: sub 1 thru 10 enter, depress two buttons under first (top right) fader of the wing and 1 thru 10 post on them plus on the top row of 10 faders on the XE.

Whatever I do on the wing duplicates on the XE and vice versa

I went to set up and fader found wing config but it seems it is either manual config on or off. When I select on it shows a picture of the wing. When I pick identify it shows it as 1. When I pick Apply nothing happens except Apply disappears. I don't see any way to set anything on it either with config on or off. 

Parents
  • Funny you would suggest that. I actually was originally on page 7 (unk why) and the subs did not do what I described however looking at the sub/sub screen it got a little confusing why subs were assigned to different fader pages. Example: the top right fader of the wing showed 7/1 however the next 9 showed 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. I didn't understand why so I asked myself why am I not on page 1 for everything to show 1/1, 1/2, etc. through to 1/60. 

Sooo what I don't understand, if that is the actual fix, is why does the console not see the wing and 60 faders and on page 1 treat them as 60 faders on page 1? I can see changing pages moves things around however I would think 1 would start in order with 6 different groups.

I also don't understand, now that you say to change, why page 7 fixed it. There are technically 6 sets of faders so going to page 7 I would think would take everything back to page 1 order.

I'm sure once I understand how the console reads the groups of faders and what order as pages are changed then I probably would say: Oh yeah, that's right!

Also what is the Fader Config all about in Setup?

• Funny you would suggest that. I actually was originally on page 7 (unk why) and the subs did not do what I described however looking at the sub/sub screen it got a little confusing why subs were assigned to different fader pages. Example: the top right fader of the wing showed 7/1 however the next 9 showed 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. I didn't understand why so I asked myself why am I not on page 1 for everything to show 1/1, 1/2, etc. through to 1/60. 

Sooo what I don't understand, if that is the actual fix, is why does the console not see the wing and 60 faders and on page 1 treat them as 60 faders on page 1? I can see changing pages moves things around however I would think 1 would start in order with 6 different groups.

I also don't understand, now that you say to change, why page 7 fixed it. There are technically 6 sets of faders so going to page 7 I would think would take everything back to page 1 order.

I'm sure once I understand how the console reads the groups of faders and what order as pages are changed then I probably would say: Oh yeah, that's right!

Also what is the Fader Config all about in Setup?

Children
Related