Astera Titan/AX1 CCT profile

Hello, i'm looking over the Astera Titan fixture profiles and i notice that the CCT parameter is 0-255 and there's no way to reference actual Color Temperature. Working in film production its really important to be able to do this. For example the ARRI S60 profiles all reference CCT accurately, so this function would be really helpful. I could build my own and replace the displayed values with the correct range, but i'm weary that they will match up. i will try this tomorrow, check with a color meter, and report back. but as i understand CCT, it is logarithmic and non-linear so i think matching values wont work. The Astera app control has full CCT parameters that are accurate. so they have the capability. 

The same goes for the other Astera fixtures i work with: AX3/AX5

As a gaffer and low level programmer i know that the first thing a Gaffer is going to want to see across ALL of the fixtures on set is accurate, predictable, repeatable CCT. 

Parents Reply Children
  • Not that I've seen but I haven't checked to see if there's a new fixture library available. My frankensteined version is acceptable to me for CCT control. I made CCT color pallettes. But I'd like to see correct profiles from ETC. 

• There was a new library released in July but to no avail. 

• Hi there,

I'm composing an email to the Eos team and would like to make sure I have a complete list of all issues still remaining among the three separate profiles (FP1, AX3, and AX5) discussed in this forum post.

Testing modes of these profiles in v2.8.3 build 15 Eos fixture library it looks like the following is accurate/inaccurate:

For relevant modes, AX3 and FP 1 profile include gel names. For relevant modes, AX5 profile does not include gel names. This needs to be fixed. 

In all profiles FP1, AX3 and AX5 the CCT parameter does not include display of color temperature value (i.e. 3000k at DMX value 50) and needs to be fixed. My notes show that a change was made here by the Eos team, but I'm not sure this update fixed the intended issue.

I cannot find mention of a Tint parameter that is missing from the profile, so I have not been able to request this change. If you believe this parameter is missing, please point me to the section of the manual where this is present so that I may share this with the Eos team. 

Please let me know if there is something missing from this list of current issues. 

Best,

Therese

• from what i know regarding the Tint parameter (disclaimer: this information is about a year old, don't know if this has changed):

people expect to see the Tint parameter in the profile because they see the funcitonality in the Astera control app. but the Tint parameter is not (was not?) exposed to the DMX input, only to the app. the rumour was that Astera planned to change this but i don't know if this happened.

Related