Ion and the Art-Net

Hello all

well this is my first post so please be kind.

I have just joined a venue and they have an Ion (now running on 2.8) there is only one dmx patch so there last tech had purchased a N8 Art-Net node. the theory being that they could offer more universes at little cost.

The node arrived... iv have not had to set up a node before, so i found some helpful hints online plus read the user guide from cover to cover to get a better idea. I sat infant of the desk today and had little to no joy.

Im in the "shell " and navigating that with no problem. The desk is set to

• obtaining an ip address automatically
  • ip 169.254.1xx.17
  • sub 255.255.0.0
  • artnet selected
  • and set to direct broadcast

iv set the N8 to 

• ip169.254.1xx.18
  • sub 255.255.000.000 

but nothing is working can anyone help?

many thanks in advance.

L

Parents
  • and just a small note: if you set your console to automatic IP and get 169.254.x.x as IP you shouldn't use automatic IP. 169.254 means that there is no network component in your system playing the role of a DHCP server which would be in charge of handing out those automatic IP addresses...

• and just a small note: if you set your console to automatic IP and get 169.254.x.x as IP you shouldn't use automatic IP. 169.254 means that there is no network component in your system playing the role of a DHCP server which would be in charge of handing out those automatic IP addresses...

Children
Related