Bug or Change? 2.8.2.8 Using [Home] before updating a preset

Noticed this during my normal tour moving light focus after updating to 2.8.2.8

Sitting in Cuelist

I normally 'knock-out' my shutters by doing [Chan] [Shutter] [Home], then make adjustments.

When I go to [Update] [Preset]  the update screen in the CIA shows no available target.

If I just make level adjustments or do [Atribute] @ 0 and then go to update presets, it functions as expected.

• i think it's been like this for a long time. Home doesn't create a manual value, hence there's nothing to update undless you make a change after homing.

or am i misunderstanding your problem?

• It has been like this for a long time, but I agree with you that it is not very useful at all.

Homing single parameters does in fact create Manual data (or at least on the parameter it is in Red, but for some reason it doesn't break the reference to any presets/Palettes  etc, it just removes the reference altogether (i.e. the R disappears from the parameter).

I did bring this up in an Advisory Team meeting earlier in the year, but I'm not sure if it's made it onto the list or not. I think having parameter Home buttons NOT keep their Preset reference is not useful at all, and can't really see why it would be more beneficial the way it currently is.

Related