Ion DMX universes thru ports and Ethernet

Can I run a Universe off each DMX port out of the ion board and another universe out of the Ethernet port on the Ion board, so run 3 universes total?

I also have these thru out the theater, i have another box that has 4 more DMX ports, will they allow me to input a universe each?

Parents
  • The short answer is Yes, But! 

You're going to want a lesson in networking DMX as your venue has it. Those DMX connections look like gateway ports and so each could be it's own universe, up to about 12 universes. Exactly how they are currently configured should be your starting point. 

NOTE: Nothing in the connections will get you more addresses than you've paid for. Most Ions are licensed for 1024 addresses but some are 6000. But you can break what you have into those 12U. 

• The short answer is Yes, But! 

You're going to want a lesson in networking DMX as your venue has it. Those DMX connections look like gateway ports and so each could be it's own universe, up to about 12 universes. Exactly how they are currently configured should be your starting point. 

NOTE: Nothing in the connections will get you more addresses than you've paid for. Most Ions are licensed for 1024 addresses but some are 6000. But you can break what you have into those 12U. 

Children
Related