Nomad for Mac drops connects and drops DMX?

I'm trying to use a Nomad dongle to run 2 universes of DMX though a Gadget II.  I'm running over an older Macbook pro 13" and headed into my dimming system via a net2 input node. It seems to connect initially and bring up the loaded Cue and relays, but within 2 seconds it dumps all DMX.  If i fire another cue, it will bring those lights up again for a moment and then dump them again.  Any thoughts?

Parents Reply Children
  • It feels like you do have something else sending commands as well, and slowing the speed has just shifted the timing around a bit as to when the other thing gets to interrupt or something.  I think I would be trying to test things with nothing else connected that could be sending the conflicting stuff - you've turned off other consoles but does the hall have any wall plates that also control the house lights as they could be sending commands on the network as well and produce the kind of thing you are seeing.

• Solved it.  Had a buggy net2 node in the mix.  I hard wired the nomad straight into the dmx back up line on the wall and it was stable.  Replaced my input node, and now has been stable.  Thanks for the ideas and suggestions!

Related