Elgato Stream Deck Experiment

In case anyone has an interest, some results of an experiment with Elgato Stream Deck:

I have used an Elgato Stream Deck to work with our sound effects software (Show Cue Sytems) and today I fiddled around with using Stream Deck to execute some commands in Nomad.

In order to get this to work, you need to install the Super Macro plugin for Stream Deck. Using the Super Macro buttons, it is quite easy to write a macro that will fire any macro that you record for Nomad (e.g.{{M}{PAUSE1000}{1}{PAUSE1000}{ENTER}} executes Macro 1. To add a two-digit macro number you need to add another pause command between the digits. I couldn't make a 3 digit macro number work, but there are keyboard shortcuts that allow access to macros 801 - 810).

It is dead simple to use the Stream Deck for keyboard shortcuts (e.g. {{R}} executes RECORD and {{SHIFT}{BACK}} will clear the Command Line, {{CONTROL}{ALT}{1}} executes Macro 801). More complicated macros are possible. If you wanted to, you could create macros that typed text into a field (e.g. {{L}}{{PAUSE1000}}BLACKOUT{{ENTER}} will enter a label with the text "BLACKOUT" but it is probably simpler to just reference a macro that is already on the Console or Nomad as these macros are easier to create.

If you are using your Nomad to backup your main console, the Stream Deck will also work to control your main console (as if you were entering information via Nomad).

Parents Reply Children
Related